/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Everyone Seems To Be Moving

I've noticed lately that everyone seems to be moving. Greta, the Hooah Wife has moved to Wordpress, Doug, at Below The Beltway has done it also, along with getting dot com addresses. I'm seriously considering it, and have even got a nearly finished template for the blog should I decide to move.

Any suggestions on hosting services would be appreciated from those who are doing the "dot com" or "dot net" thing with their blog. I'm not looking for much, just cheap, reliable and easy to deal with... You know, like me :)

I do have another move to make in the near future. Since I've gotten the letter I think it's safe to announce that sometime in the next month or so I'll be moving from Virginia and back to Illinois to live with my family.

I'll be leaving the comfortable employment of "Mega-Corp" and going to work for a smaller company. This will also be a career change, as I'll be leaving the full time training world to go become a field service engineer, and part time trainer. While I enjoy educating people, I miss the mental challenge of troubleshooting things that don't work, this gives me a chance to do both, and work on a bunch of stuff I haven't before. (New toys, ahhhhh!)

That's actually the hold up with me moving from Blogger to a dot com address, I'm not sure how much time I'll have to blog when I start the new job. I'm cheap, and don't want to spend a bunch of money to get hosted, and then find out I can't keep up on this thing.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

4Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Congratulations on the new job...

9:57 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Thanks Stacy.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Congrats on the job Bob. I'm sure your family is very happy to finally be getting you back home. I hope you don't give up on blogging. I've learned so much from reading your blog. Before you decide to do that, maybe you could team blog with someone else.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

LP, it's not my thought to give it up, but if I can't keep up a 1-2 article a day pace, I don't really want to pay for a "dot com" address.

Greta, couldn't find anything on amomandherblog about hosting, but I have looked at Danny's hosting packages, along with some others. Still in the early decision making stage on that issue.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home