/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Look Who Wants To Run Again

John Kerry has been all over the news of late, thumping his drum, and trying to see if he has any support for a 2008 run at the White House. I hope he runs, it'll be fun to listen to him whine as he gets wiped out in the primaries.

Please quit with your tired old "attacking my patriotism" line of crap. It's not your patriotism, it's your motivation that gets attacked. Yes there are a couple of right wing nuts who claim it's sedition, but the truth is most of us just think it's politics, and bad politics at that.

With guys like you, Murtha, and most of the Democratic party, we don't question that you love America, and want it to be around forever, we question why you think it's right to lose in Iraq.

The truth is, you want to abandon Iraq not because being there is wrong (You urged Bill Clinton to invade in the 1990's), but only for your party's own political gain. To have Iraq end up a stable democracy would mean George Bush was right, and we know that above all things, your party can't tolerate that. It puts you on par with Richard Nixon, who negotiated a peace treaty he knew wouldn't hold in Viet Nam just to win in 1974.

Update: For those who do want to run, because it isn't worth it, read this and see if it helps. (h/t to Subsunk at Black Five)

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

8Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

CP, Dispatch from Iraq: A tiny bit of comfort, was a FANTASTIC story! Thank you! I'm going to read it to my kids for morning current events.

As for John Kerry, it is actually painful for me to look at/listen to him.

9:02 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

What he shares with Madam Hillary is a belief that he is destined to be president, after all he is JFK. You're right about their fear of Bush being proven right, and I think they like America (or at least their vision of it) but they hate Bush even more.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

They will never have to worry about proving that Bush was right in Iraq. I'm sorry to say, but we have already lost there. We are basically installing a Islamofascist regime in power there that will go running into the arms of Iran as soon as we leave, whether that's tomorrow or in 6 years, which I believe is the maximum that we will have troops in Iraq under any scenario that's out there.
If, somehow, we would have been able to install a friendly client government and make Iraq a military hub in the region ala Clark Field and Subic Bay that would have been great. We could have gotten out of Saudi and still had large bases in the Gulf to protect the flow of oil, but this situation is so hosed up that it would take more than anybody is willing to do to retrieve it. Bush shows no willingness to send in enough troops to quell the insurgency, or the Shi-ite militias (which have infiltrated the Iraqi defence force). This could have worked out great three years ago if we had done it right, but it has been blundered from day one, and frankly, it's just too late to fix it. I'm not being an idealog here, just a realist.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Tim, I think you still have about 3 years to wait to figure it out. Unfortunately the 24 hour news cycle has us thinking everything, everywhere should be done by the time we get home from work.

Based on the timeline everyone wants for Iraq the American Revolution was a miserable failure. It took 7 years just to get rid of the redcoats, and then 6 after that to get a constitution. But we want Iraq done today.

Yes, more troops should have gone in earlier, though I don't think it would have made as much a difference as folks think. The insurgents just would have waited until things "settled down", and then started attacking. Watch the West Bank and Gaza for hints, they don't do anything with a major Israeli force in the area.

A bigger difference would have been made by not disbanding the original Iraqi Army from the top down.

On the upside, they've got a PM now that everyone agrees on, and a cabinet soon. And OBL is calling his islamofacists out of Iraq (figured out we aren't leaving) and wants them in Darfur.

Shoprat, I think he does hold that delusion in his head, and don't think he got it last time around that he wasn't wanted.

LP, glad you liked hope the kids enjoy it.

8:24 PM  
Blogger ablur said...

History tells us that after every war it took years and sometimes decades before all the dust settles. Nations don't just spring up, they mature over time. Iraq is just a baby. I'm not sure if we can call this crawling.

9:20 PM  
Blogger MDConservative said...

My ailing father and I discuss politics a bit. We had to cut back a bit since he is in the realm of centrist, and I gladly admit I am in the "vast-right-wing conspiracy." More drastic thinking like Coulter, that doesn’t mean I agree with all her points. It is just that I am not a politician and I make my opinion known. I am sure I should have held back here and there, but I do that when I am working.

He thinks I am a little nuts and I think he is a little soft. Well, I have been telling him for months that Kerry was going to try again. I doubted he would get the nod in the primary, but he would try. My father had none of it and thought I was nuts (don’t worry he is NO Kerry fan). His point is that Kerry got kicked around so much he would never attempt it. I try from time to time to explain to him that he won’t win, primary or general, but that does not mean he won’t try.

Each week makes me confident I am going to get that steak dinner. :)

11:31 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments in this post. I especially loved this line:

"I hope he runs, it'll be fun to listen to him whine as he gets wiped out in the primaries."

11:49 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

MD- discussing politics with Dad's can be dangerous. Mine is an old school union guy, so when it does come up, we are usually polar opposites.

Ablur-unfortunately too many people don't like that part of history. They want everything done now.

Thanks LMC

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home