/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Monday, April 17, 2006

The Unhinged and Malkin

As I wrote the other day, I'm not a huge Michelle Malkin fan, I think she's a little too far right for my own taste on a number of issues.

However, I'll defend her on an ugly issue that came up today. The Student Against War at UC Santa Cruz sent out a press release bragging about shutting military recruiters out of a third straight job fair at UCSC. In the header, they included the names, phone numbers, and e-mails of their "ad hoc press team". Here's a link to the press release, that is still up on another website.

Evidently, being students who protest instead of going to their journalism classes, they didn't realize that "For Immediate Release" usually means everything below that line is for publication. Malkin published them (linked here), and now they aren't happy, in fact she's gotten some interesting and disturbing e-mails from the unhinged folks on the left.

There are a bunch of folks, including Dan at Riehl World View, who have said she should have left the contact info out. I don't think she was wrong, though she probably could have gotten away with a little less of the info in her post.

At the same time since the post is still up on a lot of lefty sites, I don't think the students were that concerned about the info getting out, until it got to the right side of the political spectrum and they had to deal with disagreement. Welcome to the world of free speech, where sometimes folks disagree with you.

Technorati Tags: ,, , ,

3Comments:

Blogger Fatemeh said...

Yeah, well too bad UCSC had their journalism program cut after the 2002-2003 school year because of budget cuts. I guess the student haven't been going the their journalism classes.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Guess they should have talked the faculty advisor at the student newspaper then, he probabably could have given them some advice.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Don Surber said...

Been in newspapers for 30 years. Malkin was wrong to publish their personal info. She only did that to harrass them. She should apologize

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home