/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Monday, April 24, 2006

More From Milblog Conference

There is some more great info, insight, and reflection from the Milblog Conference I attended this weekend this weekend up on the web. I'm sure it's taken a few days for this stuff to get posted, because unlike me, these folks have lives, and many traveled to get to the conference.

Besides, I didn't do the pub crawl with them after the conference, so I could type on Saturday night (and Sunday).

OpFor has the MOAP, Mother of all PodCasts online, a 45 minute interview/discussion with some of the bigger names in military blogging. Capt. Z from TC Override, Matt and Uncle Jimbo from Black Five, and Lt. Smash.. Oops, that LCDR. Smash, as he reminded everyone at the conference. A few spots of the podcast are a little shaky but it's one of the best listens you'll ever hear if you are interested in the military perspective of the war on terror, and other subjects.

Stars and Stripes gave some good press to the conference, and the milbloggers call for DOD to use common sense in regulating military bloggers. h/t Mudville Gazette who has a good round up of other blogs and articles about Saturday.

Silke at Hooah Wife has her impressions up today, and I'm blushing. Thanks for the kind words, it was great to meet you too, and I understand after a few hours why Greta likes you so much and has you on her blog.

That's it for today's round up of other stuff to read. Check out the links, and definitely listen to the podcast, it's long but worth it.

Updated: One person I've now forgotten twice, and feel really bad about, is Melinda of Most Certainly Not, who has a great assessment up, plus some insight into the media in general.
You'd think, since they gave us a note pad and pen at the conference a guy with a reasonably high IQ would have used it to take notes on who he was talking to :)

Technorati Tags: and , , ,

4Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

You're very sweet. :) My notepad has been confiscated by my daughter who is pretending it is her "doctor pad" and prescribing all kinds of medications to her doll babies. :)

It was a great weekend, wasn't it!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Hope she doesn't get them hooked on anything too serious :)

5:01 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

It was so great to finally meet you. It will take me several days to get back into the swing of things.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Stacy, I know what you mean, and I only traveled an hour. Meeting all you guys had me so psyched I could barely sleep the rest of the weekend.

We have to do it again next year so I can hear that accent some more :)

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home