/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Monday, October 16, 2006

Am I Clairvoyant?

I get up in the morning, get my coffee, and head for a few online papers to see what's up in the world.

I guess I'm some sort of savant, according to the paper. Last week I evidently began channeling a professor at the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton. Really. Don't believe me? Read this article I wrote, then read the one in today's Washington Post, "An Offer Kim Can't Refuse".

There are some minor differences obviously, Aaron Friedberg believes that enough economic sanctions will get Kim to drop his nuke program. I think we need to go farther, and actually get North Korea to drop Kim though tough sanctions.

One of the arguements against this course is it could goad North Korea into starting a war on the pennisula. I don't think it will, because they know they'd be able to get little if any overt support from China or Russia in such an endeavor. It would more likely result in NK being cut off completely from the fuel, food and weapons that China provides , hastening their collapse were they to start shooting.

Friedberg is on the right track, stiff sanctions against the North, and tough consequences for those who violate them are the only way to get Kim to either fall, or at least give up his nuclear ambitions.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

2Comments:

Blogger shoprat said...

Sadly Kim would let every last person in NK starve to death before he gave up power. NK exists for his sake, not he for his country's.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

You are very correct. That's actually the reason that "luxury items" are one of the things the sanctions were imposed on; they knew anything of luxury was only going to him.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home