/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Thanks, Whoopi

I'm going to do something that most folks on my side of the political spectrum won't do, I'm going to thank Whoopi Goldberg for something she said on The View this morning.

Mind you, I'm not a regular watcher of the show, but I was working at home today, and the wife left the TV on the channel that the show comes on. So, I was quite surprised to hear a frank discussion by the whole panel about Al Sharpton, and whether or not he over does it with his constant crusading.

Everyone seemed in agreement that his (seemingly) constant complaining about everything distracts from his message when it should matter. Then Whoopi surprised me, by saying one thing she'd like to see Al do is apologize to the 3 Duke LaCrosse players.

Her whole point was that there are problems involving the races, and there are appropriate times to jump on those problems. But, when you find out you are wrong on something, like the Duke case, if you don't apologize for jumping the gun, you lose credibility. Al should actually know this already; Tawana Brawley comes to mind quick; but doesn't seem to remember that he had quite a few years after that incident before anyone took him seriously again.

So, from a right wing nut job, Thanks Whoopi, for calling Al out on this, coming from middle aged white guys it doesn't carry much weight, but maybe your request will get through to him.

Technorati Tags: Al Sharpton, Whoopi Goldberg, The View, Duke, Tawana Brawley

Labels: , , , ,


0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home