/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Unemployment Smoke and Mirrors

I got my laugh this week over the President crowing about the unemployment rate dropping to 10% for November. First, he sold us a $787 billion 'economic stimulus package' that said unemployment wouldn't go over 8% if we spent that money.

The second reason I laugh is that November and December unemployment numbers are generally lower than any two months of the year, as retailers hire seasonal help for their holiday sales.

If you want a truer reflection of unemployment, check the numbers released the first week of February, when the seasonal workers are gone. My guess is you'll see 10.5% for January.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home