/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Anti-War Rally

Watched a little of the protest from DC yesterday on CSPAN. According to the AP and others, about 100,000 showed up. When I saw Ralph Nader talking the area around the stage was nearly empty, with what appeared to be a few thousand milling about the tents and displays that were set up.

I'm not convinced they hit the 100,000 mark, or even came close. Two reasons, one is what I stated above, and 2, the lack of photographs of the throngs of people that would have been there. Normally, when that many folks show up you get the wonderful roof top shot of the throngs, I can't find one anywhere. Instead, close ups of groups are what are on all of the websites.

Of course the star of the show was Commander-In-Grief, Cindy Sheehan, you remember her, right. The lady who's son enlisted (voluntarily) in the Army, then re-enlisted, voluntarily during a war, then volunteered to go on a mission, and was killed. Yeah, that's the lady, the one who says it's the President's fault her son is dead. All the pictures of her were close up shots of her and a dozen or so people, again, leading me to speculate that the turn out wasn't nearly what they hoped for.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home