/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Friday, December 16, 2005

Thanks,News and Notes

I had a couple of subjects I'd wanted to touch on tonight, but I'm tired, and decided to do a news round up on those subjects, and point you to some blogs that have already hit them.

But first, I would be remiss if I didn't thank Greta, the Hooah Wife, for my award. She saw fit to give me an award as the "Best Deranged Commenter" on her blog. Thank you very much Greta.... Wait, I just looked that word up. What the hell kind of award is that?

Note to Greta, the last blogger to give me an award was Nedreck Milhunky, and he's gone out of business! (I miss his blog, too). Not saying it's going to happen to you, just sayin...

For the news, Nancy Pelosi, the House Minority leader, has come up with the most convuluted chunk of logic I've seen in a while. She claims that the Democrats are better without a coherent strategy for Iraq. Read more about it at MacMind. Just don't look at the picture!

Mudville Gazette has an outstanding piece on Marine LT. Ryan McGlothlin, I read the LA Times story on him, and it is incredible. He's a post 9/11 Marine, who gave up more than most of us could imagine to become one. My prayers to his family.

Booker Rising has an outstanding piece on last nights finale of "The Apprentice" and the strange twist in it. If you haven't read Booker Rising, it's a mostly conservative blog by African Americans which gives a very good nightly round up of blogs and news.

Atlas Shrugs covers the filibuster of the Patriot Act renewal, and has some reminders on the Act.
I think this is going to backfire on some folks, and they don't realize it.

Camp Katrina has a good piece on "Teaching Iraqis How to Do More Than Kill People and Break Things". He also won one of Greta's awards.

Finally, Some Soldiers Mom with "Iraqis send Jack Murtha and Howard Dean a message". Also check out her piece on the upcoming return of some of our Soldiers in Iraq.

My last note. I'll probably get one post up on the morning, and then won't be online until Sunday night, as I'm going on vacation. But, since my wife has to work the week I'm in Illinois, I'll have plenty of time to get more stuff posted the rest of the week.

1Comments:

Blogger DaddysGirl said...

Beautiful! The link about LT. McGlothlin almost made me cry just so you know. I believe that you fully deserve your award though. Can't wait to see ya sunday dad!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home