/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Terror Plot Foiled?

In what the FBI has called a "domestic terrorism plot", a number of raids and arrests were conducted tonight in Liberty City, Florida, a Miami suburb.

They haven't released much information yet, but have said that no bomb making materials were found in the raids so far. What they have said is that they seized a number of documents which were immediately sealed by the courts.

I'll post more if I hear more this evening.

Update (9:50pm)

According to the Associated Press and New York Times seven people were arrested. Evidently they were plotting attacks on the Sears Tower in Chicago, and other buildings in the US.

The FBI said they will be releasing more information at a news conference tomorrow. What they have said is there was no "imminent threat" to Miami, or any other US city. They've also said that it appears to be a homegrown plot, with no known ties to al Qaeda or other groups.

technorati tags: terrorism, , , , , ,

2Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

I had been out all night and hadn't heard this news. Thanks Bob.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

No problem, I'm looking foward to seeing what else they release after the press conference today.

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home