/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Friday, November 03, 2006

This One Wins

I was listening to the radio this morning, driving from Warsaw to South Bend Indiana, and back, and caught a talk show host reading a column from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel called
If you're stupid, don't vote, and couldn't help but laugh. This column wins the "Best Political Column of the Week" Award.

The writer, Dan Kenitz a blogger from Wisconsin at BipolarNation does a great job of tearing up folks who probably should stay away from the polls.

The mantra, of both parties, for years has been "turn out, turn out, turn out", when it should be inform inform inform. If they spent as much time making sure everyone actually understood their true positions as they do beating on other candidates they might actually get a decent turn out of inspired voters.

Instead, we have two parties that work the scare tactic method, and never tell anyone anything they really need to know. Instead trying to make them think the other side is a bunch of 8 foot tall green aliens in disguise.

So what we get is a 40-50 percent turn out of idiots for the most part, who really don't understand why they are voting for the people on the ballot. Then in a year or so they wonder why the government is fucked up like a football bat. (pardon my french)

There will be races that I won't vote in on Tuesday. I don't know enough about the candidates, or sometimes even the job they are trying to get, to make an informed decision. But since I know that a blank spot on ballots causes confusion for elections officials, I've figured out a way around it. I write in a candidate for every seat I don't want to actually vote for.

The candidate is me, but I figure since I'm the only one voting for me for each of those offices, there is little chance I'll actually win any of the races, though who knows, it could happen I guess.

If everyone who went to the polls did the same thing, voted in the races they understand, and wrote themselves in for the one's they don't, we'd end up with better government in the long run. Of course we'd end up with a lot of confused pundits wondering why only 20% voted for either of the major candidates in some races, too.

Anyway, do me a favor, and take Dan Kenitz's advice, if you are stupid, don't vote, we'll all be better off in the long run.

Technorati Tags: , ,

2Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Arizona you have to be approved as a write-in candidate -- major bummer because I could be a high ranking member of the government by now.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<', expecting ')' in /home/content/D/C/a/DCanes/html/wp-content/themes/ocadia/single.php on line 9

You must have swamped their server...

10:43 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I had to send him an e-mail directly to comment because of that error.

Illinois has rules about write in candidates also, mostly to keep the two major parties entrenched in office.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home