/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow-maggedon '08

The white death is coming, I'm stocked up on Toilet paper, milk and cigarettes, so I'll be fine. The snow blower is gassed and ready to go. Now if the snow would only get here. We've been having wall to wall news coverage of a storm, that much like that Aunt everyone has, is running hours late. The original prediction had the snow starting a 3pm, now it's close to 10, and it still hasn't started.

Right now the estimate for my area is a foot, give or take a few inches, not that it matters at that point. There is a cool part of this impending disaster, really. The National Weather Service is predicting "Thunder Snow", a winter thunderstorm producing 2 inches of wet, heavy snow per hour. That part is cool. The clean up afterwards isn't. If you've never seen lightning and hear thunder is a snow storm, it's completely different than during rain.

Well, if I don't write for a few days you can figure I'm either busy as hell with work, as I have been the last few weeks, or I had a heart attack trying to get snow blower to deal with this storm.

Hey, FEMA, if you are reading this, I need a 16hp dual stage in my yard before this starts! Better yet, a Polaris 4 wheel ATV with a plow.

Labels: , ,


4Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

Toilet paper, milk, and cigarettes....

Where's the beer, man ?

5:55 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I'm a bourbon guy, and there's a quart in the cupboard. And, if that isn't enough, I do keep an emergency 6 pack of beer just in case.

7:13 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

We got it this morning/afternoon and cars are stuck on city streets and suburban avenues. I just hope we don't lose power.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

We were lucky in the far north suburbs, just snow. A lot of it, around 13 inches by me. But south of Chicago they had over 1/4 inch of ice before they started getting snow. IDOT was literally begging people to stay off the roads.

As for me, I survived, the snowblower got my drive and two neighbors cleaned out, so life is good.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home