/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Two Months, I am Amazed

It's been two months since I quit smoking. Honestly, I'm amazed. I've tried before, and made it 3-6 weeks at a shot before I found a reason (usually bad) to go pick up a pack of cigarettes. This time I haven't.

My recent heart issues and health scares have definitely helped this time around. 'Knowing' cigarettes are a big contributor to heart problems is one thing, experiencing it is quite another.

The other thing that has helped has been my lovely wife, who has also quit. She's been 3 weeks without a cigarette, and I couldn't be prouder of her. She noticed yesterday afternoon she'd forgotten to put on her nicotine patch, and didn't miss it.

As for the down side to quitting, I don't see Andrew, the clerk at 7-11 nearly as much as I used to, but I still stop by once in a while to get the wife a candy bar (her new vice) or a jug of milk. The other down side is my income taxes will probably go up. I figure as much as I was paying a year in cigarette taxes to Illinois the state will have to raise income taxes to make up for what I'm not giving them.

Labels: , , , ,


2Comments:

Blogger Marathon Pundit said...

Good for you for quitting. Bad for me that I will have to pay more!

1:15 PM  
Blogger ablur said...

Glad to hear of your victory.

The state has needs........

It amazes me how many ways they can tax and take. They are creative.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home