/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Senator Obama Takes on Kos and Interest Groups.

Senator Barack Obama, who represents one of the two states I currently live in, has a very good piece on his blog about his "no" vote to confirm Chief Justice Roberts. It was in reponse to some ramblings over at DailyKos about comments he made about advocacy groups who have made a mockery of the confirmation. These groups have lashed out a Pat Leahy, for saying he could see no reason to vote against Roberts, and the president of NOW claims Harry Reid voted against him because "...he got the message loud and clear".

Senator Obama doesn't share a ton of values with me, and I didn't vote for him, but after reading his reasoning on Roberts, I can respect his vote as one of conscience, not one of either convience for the fight on the next nomination, or one of pandering.

I also have a great deal of respect for his comments on special interests and their effects on politics and specifically his party. I'm sure it will piss a lot of them off, but the fact that he'll say they need to back off is refreshing.

As a conservative I hope a lot of folks in his party don't read his words or do and fail to heed his advice. If the Democrats all start acting like him they might have a chance at winning national elections again.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home