/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Monday, November 21, 2005

Those Wacky Congressmen (and Women)

We all though the only thing going on in the House on Friday was the debate on House Resolution 571, to immediately withdraw from Iraq. Oh were we fools. Congress had other business to attend to, like giving themselves a $3,100 a year pay raise. And, they had a few other things on the table, like cutting $700 Million from from food stamps.

I'm not a huge liberal social program type of guy, but lets face it congress, if you are going to give yourself a pay raise the same day that you cut food stamps, someone has to toss the BS flag, and I guess I'll do it.

It's called appearances, and when you pull stuff like it sure looks like you value yourselves more than your constituents. While bunches of the folks in congress have been screaming about the deficit, the horror of the cuts to social programs, they have no problem giving themselves a raise, which appears pretty crass to me.

So Congress, do yourselves a publicity favor, and revoke your pay raise.

2Comments:

Blogger Deadman said...

I want a raise. Better yet, I want the bastards that owe me for work I've done to get off their asses and pay me.

Ah, the joys of self-employment.

All the aggravation and none of the entitlements.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I left self employment because I hated the boss.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home