/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Quote of the Day

From the rancorous debate in the House yesterday came the quote of the day, by Jean Schmidt from Ohio,
"a few minutes ago I received a call from Colonel Danny Bubp," an Ohio legislator and Marine Corps Reserve officer. "He asked me to send Congress a message: Stay the course. He also asked me to send Congressman Murtha a message: that cowards cut and run, Marines never do."

Schmidt is a rookie in the House, only having been there a few months, and was immediately attacked for what she said. But there is some truth to it. As many letters as Murtha read on the floor last night from soldiers who want to leave, I can find dozens more, from those who want to stay.

The media doesn't spend much time on those letters, or on the good work going on in Iraq. I'm not sure that its only because they'd like to see us fail. It may well be that they don't think "good news" stories get ratings. Car bombs, death and destruction are sure to get people to watch the tube. Building schools, putting together local governments, and rebuilding an economy aren't as fast paced, and dont' grab attention when you do the news teasers.

Here's Newsweek's take on it from the Nov 28 edition.

New England Republican has a rundown of what bloggers are saying today about last nights vote in the House.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home