/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Do They Read Blogs?

Headline in this mornings Post "Democrats Fear Antiwar Remarks May Backfire ", um, duh.

Rahm Emmanuel, who is the 2nd ranking House Democrat, and a political animal from the Clinton years, is distancing himself from Nancy Pelosi and her support of John Murtha. He's even going as far as to say her 50% estimate for House Democrats wanting to pull out quickly is overblown.

"Dean's take on Iraq makes even less sense than the scream in Iowa: Both are uninformed and unhelpful," said Rep. Jim Marshall (D-Ga.).

Why are folks suddenly running from the Democratic party leadership? That's easy, there are two reasons. One is that a lot of Democrats are in tight house races in mostly GOP states, and looking too much like a surrender monkey isn't the way to keep a seat.

The second, and I think Emmanuel's reason, is that if the Dem's don't get control of the House back next year, there will be a leadership shake up. Pelosi will be tossed, and Emmanuel can point to his Clinton years as a reason for her Minority Leader position.

Even the DNC is backing off the Dean remarks on Iraq being unwinnable, saying he was taken out of context, and meant we need a new plan. Nice try but there are too many transcripts running around to convince many folks of that one.

Anna Quindlen has an article in Newsweek on the lack of leadership from Democrats.

6Comments:

Blogger shoprat said...

Just a few short weeks ago it looked like the Democrats had the football and had a clear field between them and the goal line. It is amazing how quickly things change in politics.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Great post and great blog. I loooove the Jim Marshall quote.

I know where Zion, Illinois is. I grew up in Racine, Wisconsin and went to school in downtown Chicago for 4 yrs.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Oh, yes. Democrats need to be told a big "Duh". Did they think that 3 years of calling Bush 'Hitler' and saying he lied(even though apparently they all did) wouldn't backfire even a litttle bit?

1:33 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I'm trying to put that 3D flag thing on my blog like you have but I'm having problems. I've got the flag posted on the web but how do I transfer it from there to my blog? Thanks.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Chatterbox, sorry you grew up in Racine :) (I'm from Waukesha originally).

Shoprat, "polls show" are famous last words to the democrats. Right now they show people hate the way the Dem's are handling Iraq worse than they like the way Bush is handling it.

Mark and 'Beka, Duh.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard a good quote the other day:
"You can't put your finger on the problem if you're sticking it in the wind." -Dick Armey

I caught this one on the Early Bird today and thought the exact same thing. It seems their grasp on the inherently obvious is tenuous at best. Perhaps the culture shock is finally wearing off and the Dems are finally becoming accustomed to a president that doesn't make decisions based on the latest poll.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home