/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Friday, December 23, 2005

How to Terrorize a Waitress

Sorry Satu, if you read this, but I gave a waitress a very hard time a few days ago. She was well compensated for it, though.

A few days ago I turned 41, yes, I'm now officially "over 40" now, which hurts sometimes, but not as much as a broken bone.

The wife and kids took me out to dinner, my choice, and I asked to go to Joe's Crab Shack. Joe's isn't the worlds best seafood, but not a bad place, and usually kind of fun to eat at. Unlike other restaurants, though, when you tell them it's someone's birthday they don't sing "Happy Birthday" and bring out cake, they try and embarrass the birthday Boy/Girl (man/woman). I knew this, because I'd been there last year for my birthday.

Throughout dinner I was pretty well behaved, just kidding around with the (very young) girl who was our server. The girl seemed genuinely happy when my daughter told her it was my birthday, because then she could embarrass me a little. HA! I got the last laugh.

When she showed up at the table with the broomstick pony and cowboy hat I let her give me the whole explanation of how I was to ride around the restaurant on the pony, and the customers would tell me happy birthday.

She looked shocked when I asked "Is there something else I could do, I rode the pony last year?" She said "You knew about this? And still let them bring you here?" "Let them", I said, "I asked them to bring me here!".

The poor girl looked totally dejected, like I'd ruined her night, as she sulked over to the corner and found me a firemans hat (with siren) and fake hose instead.

Don't worry, she was well compensated for her embarrassment.

My parents took me out last night for dinner, I was nicer to the waitress, only because my Dad was there, and he's enough for them to handle.

It was an interesting dinner, the restaurant, Passport Pointe, in Waukesha, WI, is in a converted bank building. It's actually in the building where I opened my first bank account, 26 years ago. Our table was in the actual bank vault, door on and all, it can't be locked anymore for insurance reasons.

I thought it was kind of cool to eat dinner in the very vault that my first paycheck was placed when I cashed it. The food was also outstanding, with enormous portions, so if you drive through Waukesha, stop in at the place, I highly recommend the Speidini.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

6Comments:

Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Thanks Bro! At least I haven't hit the land of the "oops, it wasn't a" farts :)

3:10 PM  
Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

12 22 05

Hey CP: Happy Late Birthday!!! Those kinda places that embaress you are funny if you are in the mood. Sounds like you were too ha haa ha ha ha! :) Thx for stopping by the blog and depositing your illustrious comments:) Merry Christmas to you and your family as well:)

9:57 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I love Joe's crab shack. We have gone there for several birthdays and they have several embarrassing birthday scenarios. My daughter talked her grandparents into buying her the shirt that says "Bite Me" from there :-).

Happy Birthday!!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Happy Birthday Bob. Sorry so late.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Thanks all.
LMC, I was going to get the one that says "Housework Makes You Ugly".... But then everyone would have expected my place to be spotless :)

7:20 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

happy birthday! I've been on a crab kick lately - wish i could have joined you!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home