/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

German And French Courts

The German version of the Supreme Court decided today that the German military can't shoot down an airliner hijacked for the purpose of being used as a weapon, like 9/11. They decided that it would violate the human dignity of the hostages to be shot down.

I'm not making this up folks. Now ask yourself, which would bother you more, as a hostage, being shot down by the military and having that prevent more deaths on the ground, or being used as part of an attack on hundreds or possibly thousands of innocents? Either way thereis little dignity, but I'm thinking NOT killing others would be more dignified.

In France, their Supreme Court decided that the decommissioned aircraft carrier Clemenceau must be returned to France, and not taken to a breaking yard in India. It wasn't to preserve French jobs in the business of sending old ships to the wreckers. Instead, Greenpeace decided to sue on behalf of the workers in India, saying their health would be adversely affected by the asbestos on the ship.

The Indian's didn't sue on their own, and in fact they like the work that is brought by western countries who have basically gotten out of the business of scrapping ships. There is of course some environmental issues caused by the asbestos, but it will have to be removed somewhere. I'm sure that the enviro weenies in France will sue when they try and remove it there.

I think both of these decisions reinforce why we need conservatives on our courts.

Technorati Tags: and

11Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

Holy Geeze! Is there something in the water???

8:47 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

You didn't see the news, someone spilled a huge vat of "Stupidium" into the water supply of Europe.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Dane Bramage said...

You have got to be kidding me! First of all how did the German court even hit on this particular topic to deliberate on? Don't you need a case or somethin'?

10:54 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Dane, I guess it's not a requirement in Germany. Someone challenged it, and it was found unconstitutional.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

CP, I understand completely now.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Dane Bramage said...

Kind of makes you wonder if the man with his finger on the button will remember this ruling when the moment of truth comes. Especially if there could be nukes involved.

Personally I would blow them out of the sky, save the people on the ground and face X counts of violating constitutional rights. But that's just me :-)

9:02 AM  
Blogger Uber said...

Oh, to have my life taken from me by terrorists in the process of also killing many others or have my life taken a few moments sooner by my government who is saving many others from a similar fate?

I don't see how those few extra moments of life excuse the taking of (possibly thousands or more)other lives.

Sure seems like a no-brainer.

11:40 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Thank God for Roberts, Alito had a few other genuine judges. The world needs to follow our example.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Dane, I'm pretty sure he'll do it the way you laid out. Let the courts try and convince the public it was wrong :)

Uber, we are talking about judges, who used to be lawyers, which means the no brainer should be second nature to them {grin}

SR-I'm thinking I feel safer than if Gore or Kerry had appointed two justices.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Bos'un said...

We have learned how to remove asbestos safely from our ships. I cannot understand why France cannot duplicate the same. There scientists are good. Hey, we are getting the Vitrification process (How nuclear waste is turned into glass) from France.

Greenpeace and the rest of the enviromental activists are going to drive the workers into the poor house. I bet the Indian workers, who could be well protected, are just happy abou the lack of work. Another victory for the spotted owl brigade. Wackoism gets 2 points. Workers get 0.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Bos'un said...

We have learned how to remove asbestos safely from our ships. I cannot understand why France cannot duplicate the same. There scientists are good. Hey, we are getting the Vitrification process (How nuclear waste is turned into glass) from France.

Greenpeace and the rest of the enviromental activists are going to drive the workers into the poor house. I bet the Indian workers, who could be well protected, are just happy abou the lack of work. Another victory for the spotted owl brigade. Wackoism gets 2 points. Workers get 0.

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home