/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Friday, April 14, 2006

Happy Friday

This has been one of those weeks at work. Instead of my calender saying "Mon-Fri", it's Mon-1, Monday-2, Monday-3, Monday-4, Monday-5.

I think part of the problem is anticipating leaving here in a few weeks, which makes some of the mundane stuff tougher to deal with. The other problem is I have a class that isn't quite getting certain things, and it makes it tougher.

Since I'm burnt out on work, and don't feel like dealing with politics, immigration, pedophiles and general bad news this morning, I'll give you a joke instead.

Will I Live to Be 80?

I recently picked a new primary care physician. After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well for my age".
A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, "Do you think I'll live to be 80?"
He asked, "Well, do you smoke tobacco or drink beer/wine?"
"Oh no," I replied. "I'm not doing either."
Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?"
I said, "No, my other Doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!"
"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?"
No, I don't," I said.
He asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?"
"No," I said. "I don't do any of those things."
He looked at me and said, "Then why do you give a shit if you live to be 80?"

Live long, but have fun doing it. I'll be back to my regular ranting self this evening.

Technorati Tags: and

4Comments:

Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Thanks for the humor....I feel we all need some of that. (smiling)
Know what you mean by this week being a Monday times Five!! Oh my...
Have a wonderful Good Friday and Happy Easter.

9:59 AM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Sounds almost like my doctor except he wants me to give up everything I do (I don't smoke and rarely drink).

10:13 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I totally fell for the Living to 80 thing. Very, very good-- LOL!!!!

Thats how I feel, I might as well enjoy life because instead of getting cancer because I don't eat healthy enough or sit in the sun too long I could get hit by a car tomorrow. And then I'd be really mad I hadn't enjoyed things :-).

5:11 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Glad you all enjoyed the funny.

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home