/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Try This, Shooters

I know, I said limited blogging, but I needed a packing break, and my wife told me about this incredible story from a few days ago, so I thought I'd blog it really quick.

Anyway, they've decided a police shooting in Seattle was justified. It was pretty evident that the suspect was aiming a loaded gun at the officers when they shot him. Why? Well one of the officer put a bullet down the barrell of the suspects revolver! (See picture below).

Since a few of my regular readers are either shooters, or cops, I gotta ask, Wyatt Earp, Conservative UAW Guy, and Lone Pony, could any of you hit this shot??

Technorati Tags: , , , ,


8Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

CP-Once many years ago my wife and I were up in the UP of Michigan target shooting with her .32 Beretta automatic. She hit the nail at the top of the target and drove it right in to the tree at 50 ft! Me and my buddy said "wow, great shot!" She blew it my saying that she was aiming for the bullseye.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you'd have a post about this. Not an issue as I'm a fan. I shall disperse my wisdom now (all bow your heads).

Damned lucky shot. With a rifle, and under stress, maybe. With a handgun: Lucky shot.

Me like!

In this pic it looks like a S&W K-frame (you gun freaks can correct me if'n I'm wrong but I've got one on the night stand).

9:09 PM  
Blogger James B. said...

Hey, all of Seattle guys can shoot like that!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Patriotic Sgt said...

cp,

As a former police officer and sharpshooter in the military I would make the following comment.
Without a scope, proped rifle and steady breathing I would say probably not. This guy (officer) got off one lucky shot. A one in a million shot to be more exact. But i am glad he did. One more good guy still on the street to fight crime.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

I have to agree with Sarge. I couldn't make that shot with a pistol without getting very lucky. I'm much better with a rifle.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

definitely thought it was a lucky shot, but also a hell of a piece of evidence that the gun was aimed at the cops.

Tim, you gotta teach the wife that a smile and knowing wink would have been a better response.

James, according to the article they've been getting a lot of practice shooting up there this year.

Mark, Sarge, and LP, yup, luck was the best that it could have been. But there are those days that luck serves us better than skill.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

With my city-issued Glock 17? Never in a million years!!!

Damn, that's a great shot!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Wyatt, I think the sentiment has been running with "Damn, That's a lucky shot". Even though I used to shoot in the mid 280's on a 300 pt sheet for the Navy (with a 1911 .45) I'd never presume to think I could hit that shot. Hell, I doubt, in a live fire fight I could even hit the gun, and it's a decent sized target.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home