/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Saturday, December 02, 2006

4432

What is the significance of the number four thousand four hundred thirty two? Is it how much I want to spend on Christmas gifts? No. Is it how much I ran up on my corporate credit card at strip joints? Definitely NO. Is it the cost of the new computer I'd like? Nope, not that either.

The significance of that number is it is how many text messages my daughter received or made from her cell phone last month. Think about it, that's 147.73 text messages per day, or one every 9 minutes 46 seconds! That is INSANE, at best. I'm wondering how much longer it will be until digits begin falling off of her hands from pushing those little buttons so often.

I asked how she has time to do anything else with all of those messages flying back and forth. I mean, she has a job, but how much work can she get done if her phone is buzzing and interrupting her every 9.76 minutes? She obviously doesn't sleep much, since she'd have to be getting twice as many during her waking hours.

I understand part of the number, though. Her and her new beau will be sitting next to each other on the couch and send each other messages. I guess that's the new conversation method for the 21st century.

You gotta wonder if Sprint will be looking at her account and re-thinking that $15 unlimited text message policy. I mean, I pay $5 for 100 text messages per month (and don't use half), she pays $15 and sends over 40 times that many.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

2Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

WOW! That's a lot of text messages! I guess after getting good at it, it doesn't take long. I've caught kids doing it in class. The girls carry bigger purses so they can get both hands inside and type like a typewriter.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

No, it doesn't take long. A lot of messages are just stuff like "k" (for OK), or repeats, which you can call up and reuse. Still, 4432! It's insane.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home