/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

State of the Union

It's sad, but I probably won't watch the President make his State of the Union address tonight, or listen to the Democratic response to it. I figure there has to be something good, like Iron Chef America or Mythbusters on instead.

When I get up in the morning and turn on the news, I'll be bombarded by the talking heads. The newpapers will all have their take, and I'll be able to get the transcripts online and read it for myself, without the constant interruption from Congress either applauding or booing.

Years ago I made my kids watch the SotU and other such things, so they'd understand politics a little better. I understand them well enough to know I can get the message by reading the transcript.

Here's my synopsis of what will transpire, though. Bush will toss a few grenades, but mostly carrots to the Democrats. They in turn will toss mostly grenades at him, with one or two carrots so they can say they aren't "always" confrontational.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home