/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Monday, December 22, 2008

I thought He'd Be Older


So, I told Santa what I want for Christmas. I always thought he'd be a little bit older. But I guess since he caters to kids, being young is an advantage.
For those who haven't figured it out, it's my Grandson John, or JR as he's know around here.
Grandchildren make you do silly things, like buy Christmas gifts that make noise and need batteries, even when the kid lives with you. I used to get a kick out of buying them for nieces and nephews, when I didn't have to hear them. Now I'm subjecting myself to that kind of noise.
I'm becoming fluent in jibberish, and relearning the joys of crawling around the living room floor. His knees crack a lot less when we do that, though. That stuff was a lot easier 20 years ago than it is today.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, or if you celebrate something else, that it's happy.

Labels: , ,


1Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Beautiful grandchild! And I thought Santa was a little older, too.

Hey, tell me about those knees. We have a new grandson who just turned 5 months the 15th of Dec. I got down in the floor with him one day and almost didn't make it up. The only thing is, it was only the baby and me at home! It was my hip, though; having had a full hip replacement years ago, I shouldn't have been maneuvering the way I was and almost got in trouble! It's easy to do when you forget. But the babies are sweet and you want to play with them.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home