/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Monday, November 07, 2005

Dump Rove?

Over at Don Surber's he's started a discussion whether Bush should be considering dumping Rove. MSNBC/Newsweek also have an article about the questions on Rove that are following the Pesident around as he makes his trip to South America.

Here's my take, I don't necessarily think Rove has to go, in fact, I think he should stick around, but in a reduced capacity. Bush probably does need to bring some new blood into the inner circle, but as much as Rove is getting bad press lately, he still gives generally good advice, and has for years. This they could do immediately, and put up with a couple of days of "shake up" news, which they've been getting anyway.

If the Bush does decide Karl should go, I don't think he should do it anytime soon. I actually think he should wait until January when the Alito hearings start and the media has something else to pay attention to. If they do it now it would seem too much like they were catering to Harry Reid, which would give the Dem's and the media too much joy.

3Comments:

Blogger Don Surber said...

Linked you back. Feel free to link other posts. It is also an open post

4:22 AM  
Blogger Steve S said...

I think you're right about waiting to dump Rove - the timing would look pretty bad right now, what with all the scandal brewing.

I'm conflicted about Rove - he's one of those slimy geniuses one prefers to keep at arm's distance. But the guy is smart as hell.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Seems to be the consensus on KR is that he's kind a creepy, but in a way that you want him on your side.

My guess is as much as the Dem's claim to hate him, if he got a concussion and became a liberal they'd hire him in a millisecond.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home