/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Quick Hits in the News

Here's a few interesting things I found in the news this evening:

Bolton Blasts the UN: John Bolton told the UN if they don't make some changes that make it's corruption problems go away, the US may begin bypassing them on more issues. The folks on the left won't like this posturing, but it's exactly what the UN needs. Before anyone tells me we should defer to all 191 members, keep in mind, we provide 25% of their annual budget, we should get the biggest vote on how the place works. That or cut our support to 1/191th of the budget.

Moonbats Arrested in Crawford: Because of the Cindy Sheehan campout this summer, the county near the Presidents home in Texas passed a law forbidding camping along the roadway. A dozen people were arrested today, and another dozen left when they were informed they would. Moonbat in Chief (or Commander In Grief) Cindy Sheehan wasn't at the protest because of a family emergency, but plans to attend protests this weekend. Can't wait to see her in cuffs (again).

Judge Toss "No Child Left Behind Lawsuit": The NEA is ticked, a federal judge ruled that No Child Left Behind isn't illegal just because Congress doesn't fully fund every mandate in it. While a lot of folks are angry, think for just a second about what a ruling that it was illegal would mean. That would also mean the Medic-aid is illegal, most school lunch programs are illegal, most welfare would be illegal. The Feds mandate all of those, but don't pay the full tab on them.

2Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

Thanks for the NCLB info Bob. I try to keep up on it. BTW, I know you like the Washington Post. Have you seen NewsCloud? http://www.revsys.com/aboutnewscloud/

7:50 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I actually don't "like" the Post, I read it :)

I'll check out that link, thanks.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home