/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Friday, November 04, 2005

Who Needs Brains...

Abercrombie and Fitch is coming under fire for a new set of t-shirts, which have slogans like "Who Needs Brains, When I Have These", "Available for Parties" and "I Had a Nightmare I Was A Brunette".

Some girls in Pennsylvania have started a 'girlcott' of the shirts, and the retailer, calling them degrading. I personally think they are funny, as do a number of young women who've been interviewed by the media the last few days.I can still understand why some folks don't like them, and I totally support the young ladies right to hold the retailer to the fire.

However, I don't like the idea of the Pennsylvania State Senate passing a resolution to stop the sale, which is what they are considering. That folks, is bording on a violation of the First Amendment, when the government decides what slogans a company can put on a t-shirt. While the resolution wouldn't hold the weight of law in a court, government pressure is still pretty heavy.

I'd suggest that State Senator Steve Rauschenberger, the voice of the resolution, change it to a resolution supporting the "girlcott" of Abercrombie.
More links and commentary available at Don Surber's Blog


2Comments:

Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Yeah, I can see A&F in court with that one in about a millisecond. My thought is don't like it, don't buy it.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Deadman said...

I couldn't care less about the shirt. I like what's in it!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home