/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Friday, December 09, 2005

Not My Normal Rant

This is not my normal political, social, or economic rant, but instead, just a blow some steam rant.

First off, it snowed, then sleeted last night, so the roads sucked today, but worse, my car was an ice cube that took 20 minutes to clean up, and basically ruined my good scraper/brush. I should move farther south.

Since I worked overtime Mon-Wed this week, I got to come home at an early hour, and do something I rarely do in the afternoon, take a nap. But, just as I was falling asleep, the neighbors, and their kids came home, and stood next to the entrance to the building talking, LOUDLY. My bedroom is next to the entrance, so I guess that nap wasn't necessary.

So I thought I'd make some noise, but my g-string is stretched beyond belief, so I couldn't play with my guitar. (What were you thinking???)

So I went to dinner, and was enjoying a nice quiet plate of Kung Pao triple delight, extra peppers, when five college kids came in. Of course, they proceeded to be loud as hell in the restaurant. I hate inconsiderate people. I knew I should have ordered carry-out!

Then when I got home from dinner to the only place to park had a big pile of snow, now frozen solid with ice, right where the door to my car opens. So of course, I slipped getting out. Luckily I didn't fall on my ass, but I did strain my hip flexor, so walking is now painful, at best. I wanted to kill the inconsiderate jerk off who scraped his snow into the lot instead of on to the walk, where the maintenance guys clean it up.

What kind of asswipe does that, knowing it's going to turn into a deadly chunk of ice.... I do, because I was parked right where I left from this morning! Now I'm in pain, didn't enjoy dinner, can't walk right, have a busted g string, and have no one to blame but me. I hope beer is the answer.

DAMN YOU KARMA!!

11Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

Yes Bob, beer is the answer. Sorry you had such a bad day. Hope your evening gets much better. BTW Nice tree. That was very thoughtful of your wife. :-)

8:32 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

We had a lot of snow in mid-Michigan too. I had to drive to work about a half-hour before they started plowing (except for the Highway which was plowed). It was a nightmare but it was worse coming home because they had piled all the snow in the left-hand turn lanes and you couldn't see a thing.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Bos'un said...

Bob, Sounds like a day in the life of a really great blogger. I received your comment after visiting my blog and decided to check it out. I was impressed. I have added you to my sidebar and will be back: a good Navy Brother (not to be confused with Waffle Kerrys brand of brothers.) I side with the Swiftboat Veterans. Hope that you keep on eye on Rick Roberts rants from 760 KFMB Radio, San Diego, CA (Rick Roberts Op-Ed: Howard Dean Says America can't win the war!
http://760kfmb.com/rick_blog/?p=42

That is premium stuff.) Have a great blogging day! R/ Bos'un

9:55 PM  
Blogger Corie said...

Poor crazy, I've had day's like that. Alcohol always helps, and lots of it!

And "So I though I'd make some noise, but my g-string is stretched beyond belief." You did that on purpose didn't you? ;) That was a visual that was NOT necessary. LOL!

Hope your weekend goes better!

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your G is stretched too tight because of it's gauge. I strung up some flexy-type strings and my G is *much* better. I elected for the extra thin / extra bouncy type.

This also reflects my taste in women.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Thanks for the support folks.

Bosun, welcome aboard. Hope to keep seeing you around.

Corie, yes, the g-string comment was on purpose, and admit it, the visual wasn't that bad a thought :)

Mark, my cheapo guitar doesn't like anything under a 9 gauge set, or it ends up with bad buzz on B.

Shoprat- thanks for the linkback, and these folks don't need drifts to not be able to drive.

Pony, the beer did help.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, not to continue on the semi-sexual thread but tighten her neck if you have the right tool (in my case I was advised I needed a special tool from Gretsch called a "screw driver"). Man, sweetened (is that a word?) the neck big time. Damned near perfect. And, aside from my typing, I am a perfectionist.

Listening to some ZZ -- think I'll make some noise now. Completely out of tune of course. Jam on Bro!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Sorry you had a bad day but it made for an entertaining post :-). It can only get better tomorrow :-).

12:21 AM  
Blogger DaddysGirl said...

Hi Daddy!! You know I had to go through and create an entire blog site just so i could post here? You're such a pain. Anyways, why do you never tell me your days when they go like this. I keep almost slipping too. I hope your hip flexor feels better and I can't wait to see you for Christmas! Love you!!!

4:19 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Mark- Doesn't need to be tightened up, just thinned out. I've got a fret I need to file, but don't have a file for it. Does that mean I'm fretting about filing a fret?

LMC- If you can't laugh with someone in pain, you might as well laugh AT their pain, right :)

DaddysGirl, you should have read the disclaimer at the bottom of every post:

"If you have a blogger account user Blogger comments, otherwise use Haloscan"

Why am I paying this much for college if you can't read and follow simple directions?
Luv ya Kid!

7:33 AM  
Blogger DaddysGirl said...

Thanks daddy I love you too. You're so sweet. You know, you're not very nice to me on here. Your ecosphere is right, you are a slimy reptile. Love ya!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home