/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Other Democratic Party, Fighting For A Voice.

I make no bones about the fact I've voted for Democrats in many elections. In fact, I believe that if you've only ever punched one party on a ticket that you probably haven't been very informed on candidates and issues.

I've picked on the Democrats a lot, because they have so many big faces in the party making stupid statements. The fact is they also have a lot of smaller faces who don't get much air time that are much more pragmatic than their current leadership, both in the House and Senate, and at the DNC HQ.

One of those places has been added to my blog roll, it's called Bull Moose. The Moose is an outlet for the less liberal end of the party, the Democratic Leadership Council, which was formed while Clinton was in office.

I'm no Clinton fan, however, the DLC has (usually) stood for a few more conservative ideas. However, they went out of favor with the party when Al Gore lost in 2000. Since then the far left has tried to rule the party, and set it's policy.

The Moose has a few good posts on it, including one telling the Party to back off on Lieberman, here's a wonderful quote from it:

Here's another insight for Reid, Pelosi and Dean - you are the minority party. You control nothing in this town. And it is unlikely that you ever will or should control anything as long as you apply a litmus test on prominent elected officials. Get used to the smaller offices with the poor view.

I don't agree with a lot on this site, or it's sibling "New Donkey", which is also funded by the DLC. Including their stand on the "White Flag Video", however, they both have some good insights and ideas on politics working across the aisle, and the very partisan neo-con end of the GOP could also learn some decent things there on that subject.

Both of the sites have had their writers attacked by the far end of the party, including Markos at the DailyKos, mostly because they suggest working together in congress, instead of the rape pillage and plunder mentality that is so popular with the loudmouths at 'Kos.

I'm not saying I'm going to vote for anyone they promote, since Hillary will be the DLC's candidate come 2008, and if given the choice between a vote for her and castration I'd have to make a list of pro's and con's to decide.

I do think you should take a look, and see what else is out in the political world besides loudmouths, like me.

Technorati Tags: and

6Comments:

Blogger shoprat said...

I frequently vote Democratic in the local elections because the issues that affect us locally are usually non-partisan, plus most of the Democrats in this town are of the Harry Truman-John Kennedy wing of the Democratic party.

My observation is that at the local level the Democrats are a pretty level-headed party but as you move up to State and Federal levels they grow increasingly crazy.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Technorati Tags: politics and opinion".

Add "loosing my fragile grasp on reality".

You're getting worn down by all the we're-just-like-you-mostly-isms so how bad-can-we-be-ism. The very same bunch Liber-Man is playing too. I don't ask much of a person but pick one side of the fence and stay there. I am the far end of the RNC in the same fashion that I'm the far end on the NRA and having seen the eroding "we're just like you" point many times before over second amendment issues, I'm not buying what the DNC proper is selling. Moderation = appeasement = screwed.

My G-d man, get the hell out of Norfolk and come back to Earth.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Shoprat, I agree that for some reason the farther they get up the ladder the stranger the ideas become. Maybe it's the thin air when they climb.

Mark, don't worry. I don't buy much of what they say, except that both parties need to work together, and that their own leadership is most of the problem.

I also sent the Moose a note, letting him know that if the DLC wants to energize the party base, Run Hillary! She'll energize the GOP base, which outnumbers the Dem's 3-2.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Deadman said...

"I make no bones about the fact I've voted for Democrats in many elections. In fact, I believe that if you've only ever punched one party on a ticket that you probably haven't been very informed on candidates and issues."

I agree. Anyone who votes a party ticket straight down the line isn't putting any thought into it.

When I ran for city council in 2004, I was amazed at the amount of people who asked me if I was a Dem or Repub, even though it's a non-partisan election. At the time I was registered as a Dem, and stated as much. I was told often that I wouldn't get someone's vote because they were a Republican.

Here's the kicker: Of the eight candidates who ran, one was a Green Party member, one was a Libertarian, one was a Decline To State, and five were Dems.

Three seats were open. Who the hell did those Republicans vote for if no Republicans ran and that was the most important criterion for their decision?

7:06 AM  
Blogger Deadman said...

I'm gettinmg slaughtered on my "Right vs. Left" post. Need a little help!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Mark, I'm not sure who they voted for, or if they voted. I don't believe in poll taxes, but I wonder if we don't need a poll test. If you can't get at least a 65% on a test on the candidates you can't vote :)

BTW, I'll be back after dinner on your site.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home