/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Friday, January 13, 2006

Is al Qaeda's Number 2 Dead?

Remember six week ago or so, we thought the top dog in Iraq got whacked? Well, here we go again, this time with the number two guy in all of al Qaeda, and the mouth piece since Bin Laden decided to start laying low over a year ago.

ABC News is reporting that Ayman al-Zawahiri, Bin Laden's right hand man was supposedly killed in an attack on a hideout in Pakistan, just a few miles from the Afghan border. Evidently it was under surveillence by American UAV's for a few days, then the villagers said the bombs started falling.

I'm not getting my hopes up, last time it turned out the guy we were aiming for wasn't there. However, if Zawahiri was there, I hope he enjoys his new location. Which I'm sure is infested with pigs and other unclean animals.

UPDATED 1/14/2006: AP is reporting that Zawahiri was NOT at the site. Dammit!

h/t Macs Mind

Technorati Tags:, ,

4Comments:

Blogger shoprat said...

I think we need to know before we say so. Even if he is dead, we have just cut another head off a hydra. This battle is far from over.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I'm going to be doing a happy dance if its him.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

SR, I agree we need to be sure about it being him, and there being more heads to cut off.

BUT...

LMC - I'll still dance with you if it's him. (As long as you don't look too much like your avatar picture).

4:41 AM  
Blogger Deadman said...

Damn, missed again!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home