/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

News Coverage of Alito.

With my morning coffee I'm rolling through the news coverage of the Alito Hearing, and laughing at some of it.

Amy Goldstein of the WaPo has an entire column on the Vanguard issue, which seems to completely ignore the fact that every ethicist who's looked at it said there was no issue.

Jill Zuckman of the Chicago Tribune has a more balanced article on his answers, and the way they frustrated Chuck Schumer, who seems to be praying for Alito to melt down in his seat and scream "The President gets all the power, and you have none!".

The Swamp, also at the Tribune has a pretty decent group of articles up about the hearings.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel tries to paint Herb Kohl and Russ Feingold in as tough questioners, when the fact is both looked like morons (IMHO) by the time they were done.

A number of folks on the blog roll have more coverage of the hearings, check them out. For a less serious, but fairly accurate shot of the hearings, check out Think Sink's latest.
Technorati Tag:

8Comments:

Blogger Jeff H said...

Thanks for the link.

And,BTW, did you happen to catch any of Dingy Harry Reid's press conference on "cleaning up the culture of corruption"? For once, some press people actually asked relevant questions, like why, when it's a Republican accepting money directly from Abramoff, that's a "culture of corruption", but when Reid himself accepts money from Abramoff's clients, that's not? He tried to squirm his way out of that--unsuccessfully.

7:42 AM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Great round-up, CP!
Thank you!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Jeff, Missed his press conference but caught the press release on it. The guy slays me.

CUG - No problem. I'll probably do another one tomorrow before work. Since the damn job keeps me from watching the hearings, I'm going mostly by transcripts and news reports.

4:42 PM  
Blogger me said...

I feel so badly for Martha - rough day for her. I can't imagine what sitting through something like that (quietly!) would be like. I'm protective and proud - not sure how I'd cope with someone questioning my husbands' integrity and character like that!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Evidently it got to her finally. I can see this process going back to where it was 80 years ago, one of the nominees, who's name I have to find, told the Senate if they didn't like him, don't confirm him, but he had better things to do than show up there to testify.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Uber said...

All your Alito coverage is fantastic CP.

"The President gets all the power, and you have none!"

There's my laugh for the day!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

That Vanguard issue was such a waste of time...from those idiots. I watched intensely everyday of it. Like tonight on Fox News, they were speaking about ordinary citizens could have questioned him better than these nuts. (LOL)

"The President gets all the power, and you have none!" that statement was hilarious to me too! (LOL)

However, it would have been difficult for me not to get up and punch their lights out though if I had been Alito.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Suzie and Uber, glad I've found a way to make a few folks laugh through this crap.

And I agree, I would have had to hit someone, or start asking stupid questions back to them.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home