/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I Pity The Democrats

Today's spectacle that was called a nomination hearing is about over, and as I watched the end of it, and the talking heads, all I can say is I'm glad I left the Democratic Party. I hope anyone on that side of the fence, who observed today's hearings, feels the same way, you should.

For three days in a row Democrats have now been caught in either blatant lies, or such half truths, and innuendo that their supporters should be writing letters to Kennedy, Schumer, Feinstein, Feingold, and Kohl, demanding they apologize to Martha Alito for their conduct, and to the nominee.

What these hearings have proven, and the left can't admit, is that this guy is totally qualified for the job for which he's been nominated. With over 4000 cases before the 3rd District Court, the opposition party has spent 3 days worrying about his time at Princeton 15 years before that, and not going over problems with his opinions in those cases. The reason is there are no problems with them. Even liberal judges and lawyers have sent in letters praising his conduct on the bench.

If CAP and Vanguard are all the left has, along with one dissent on three opinions on abortion, Leahy should request the hearings be ended, and a vote be taken. With no substantive evidence of misconduct, or prejudice, all that is left is the mudslinging that has already become boring, and disgraceful.

Technorati Tags: ,,, ,,

8Comments:

Blogger shoprat said...

Nope, they gotta please their base, even it is all in vain. Remember! Style over substance.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Dammit, I keep getting that "style" thing backwards.. or do I?

9:06 PM  
Blogger Fred Fry said...

"Senator Kennedy, at what point does a fetus have rights under the Constitution?"

I would love to see Kennedy and the others be asked that question...

10:44 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

I was gladdened to hear an apology be made to him.
Tugged my heartstrings with Alito's wife broke down crying.
I'm SO glad I'm independent.
I can vote for not the party, but the best man.
Ironically, it's been Repulican for awhile. Not that it's always been the best choice, but the lesser of two evils.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

"For three days in a row Democrats have now been caught in either blatant lies, or such half truths, and innuendo that their supporters should be writing letters to Kennedy, Schumer, Feinstein, Feingold, and Kohl, demanding they apologize to Martha Alito for their conduct, and to the nominee."

And to that I say Amen!! I was laughing at the democrats ridiculous behavior until they made Martha Alito cry and then I got mad!!!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Michele, I voted mostly for democrats for my first 3 elections. Since I've voted mostly GOP, but don't think I've ever voted a straight ticket. The only reason I'm registered as a Republican is because of closed primaries.

LMC & Michele, I agree, it was funny for the most part until then. It suddenly became disgusting.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

I think they should have just went straight to voting myself. (LOL)

Pretty slim on dirt...actually done in my opinion. So glad that so many Americans watched this with their own two eyes and listened with their ears. No way out of it....He is more than qualified, the man is brilliant...and the Lefties looked like idiots rambling on about nothing.

I don't pity them though...I'm thrilled everytime they are exposed for the asses that they are.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Instead of going straight for the vote the Democrats have decided they want to hold off Tuesday's committee vote for a week.

Guess they need more "exposure".

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home