/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Reaching From Here To There

Holly Aho, of Soldiers Angels has written a book called "From Here To There", which is a collection of short stories about how average people are helping our soldiers overseas.

A lot of bloggers have noted that if we only go by the MSM reports, soldiers would have a hard time figuring out how many folks are actually behind them. This book highlights a number of people and the ways they are trying to show the troops they are supported.

Holly has started a program, Reaching From Here To There, to provide free copies of the book to soldiers who request it.

The books intention was for our troops to receive support by encouraging readers to get involved in personally supporting our troops. It didn't occur to me that the book itself would be used for that actual support, at least not in a big way. When I learned that soldiers themselves found encouragement from the book I was glad to hear it of course, but definitely didn't want to hear of them paying for a copy of the book! They more than deserve encouragement and support and they definitely shouldn't have to pay to get it. So that's where the Reaching From Here To There program started.
She is also working with Soldiers' Angels Germany to provide paperback copies to the wounded troops at Landstuhl Hospital in Germany.

For more information on the program, and to find out how you can help with it, visit Holly's Blog, she has links up to sign up for a free copy, to purchase a copy for donation, or to make general contributions to Soldiers' Angels, which is a non-profit organization.

Technorati Tags: , , ,
H/T, Stacy at Keep My Soldier Safe

4Comments:

Blogger The Chief said...

Hey Bob,

Good story and that's for helping getting the word out.

Being a retired Chief, I took note of the fouled anchor in your side bar. Are you a retired Chief?

1:23 PM  
Blogger Prophet422 said...

Just wanted to say, I am getting my blog back up and running. You were my one supporter! lol

2:45 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Steven they are out there, the problem is the media seems to think they'll get better ratings by showing the jerkoffs.

SeaSpook, yes, I retired as an FCC in 2003 from Great Lakes. Now I work training officers. I've discovered that by putting on a coat and tie I'm suddenly much smarter, or at least they think so.

Prophet, I'll have to come give it a look. As should everyone else, you always found some funny stuff.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Well, it's great to know that some people really do "support the troops".

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home