/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Traveling Again

Yup, been home for just over a month, living with the wife, kids and critters, and now it's time to hit the road again.

I've already done a 2 day jaunt to pick up my company vehicle, and 5 days in Minnesota with the new job. Now I get to go to lovely Massachusetts for 17 days of training on the company equipment and software.

Am I looking forward to it? Not really, while I love learning, and I need the training, I'd rather be staying here. However, because the job definitely requires the training, I'll deal with it.

Since I'll be there for a few weekends, I was starting to think of how I'd kill the time, and knowing that there is a lot of historical stuff in the area, figured that should help. I mean, Cheers is a historic landmark, right.

Actually, Michele over at "M's Favorite Things" has given me a few ideas with the pictures from her Memorial Day trip to the area.

As far as the travel itself, I'm liking the fact that the agency the company goes through seems to like putting people on Midwest Airlines when they fly out of Milwaukee. There signature service has 2 across business class seats for everyone, good food, and non-stop service to Logan, what else can a guy ask for.

The fact that the company has prepaid the hotel bill for the stay (over $1700), and reimburses expenses weekly is also a rather nice touch. Better than having to wait for the entire trip to end to turn in the expense report.

Now I just have to figure out how to turn beers at Cheers into a legitimate business expense!

Hopefully the internet service at this hotel won't be as spotty as the stuff in Minnesota was, I have a bunch of new online courses to finish for work, and weeknights in hotels are the best time to work on that stuff.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

4Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Ah! I knew it. You'd be staying in the vicinity of Boston. Every business ends up there.
I've only been to Beantown a few times - the U.S.S. Constitution is there - that's on our agenda to go see. Fanuel Hall (sp) , Quincy Market, those are all typical tourist things. The Ships I visited were closer to Fall River.
Too bad you couldn't visit Province Town, but at this time of year, the traffic is a bear. Theres the Widjah (sp) museum, the pirate ship that was found off of the Cape Cod coast. Plymouth isn't that far either. Like I said on my blog, I hope the rain stops so you can enjoy the outside sites. It's been an unsettled weather pattern ever since Memorial Day.
All the best to you and have a safe trip!!!!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

CP, take your camera and put the pictures on the blog! I'd love to read allllll about it!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

LP, Pictures of me staring at an expense form figuring out where Cheers goes????

Thanks for the suggestions M. Traffic doesn't bother me horribly, so I may even try a few of the spots you said would be tough this time of year.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Ok :-)

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home