/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Monday, June 05, 2006

Wake Up Call

Looks like the folks in Canada got their wake up call for terrorism this weekend. One and a half times the amount of ammonium-nitrate used to blow the FBI builiding in Oklahoma City was found, along with 17 conspirators.

With the exception of some assistance in Afghanistan Canada has been pretty quiet in the War on Terror, and tried to stay out of the "muslim politics" of it. Yet it hasn't stopped them from being targeted by a home grown group of islamowhackos.

It will be interesting to start hearing more details of the plot as the arraignment and other hearigns move forward. Right now the Government up there is saying these folks aren't aligned with any foriegn influences, they are just disenchanted locals who think the whole west is out to destroy Islam.

I wonder if this will help with the "border security issues" in the US, and make us start taking a look at the northern frontier, where apparently terrorists are also residing?

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

4Comments:

Blogger Jeff H said...

"I wonder if this will help with the 'border security issues' in the US, and make us start taking a look at the northern frontier, where apparently terrorists are also residing?"

Yes, Northern Border Patrol agents will now be issued hunting rifles and instructed to shoot on sight any moose trying to cross the border--unless it's wearing a muslim head covering.

2:45 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

It took towers falling to wake the Americans up and sadly we are being lulled back to sleep. Hopefully this will result in major changes in how Canada is handling these things.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Jeff, you are a riot.

Shoprat, you are right, many folks are being lulled back to sleep. They'll be the first to bitch if something happens again.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

I'll tell you what, The last couple of times I've driven through Canada on my way to Buffalo from Detroit, they have made me go to the immigration office at the border and ran a background check on me before they would let me into the country.
I also must now bring my passport or birth certificate. Getting back into the US on the other hand, was no problem at all. Go figure.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home