/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Wimps

Okay, I did lousy in the Chili Cook-off, but I blame it on wimpy women, who can't handle a little heat, and being placed at a bad table.

Every guy I talked to who voted put me in the top 2, along with another guy from KOA Campground who had some really good stuff.

But the women all voted me WAY down because (according to them) there was too much spice in it. Instead, the voted for the "Girl Scout Girl's" chili, which tasted like chili minus any spice.

I mean, really, what good is chili if it doesn't leave your lips numb after the second bowl?

I've already made my suggestion for next years contest, no judges with acid reflux or blue hair allowed. Get a bunch of beer swilling bikers who know what Chili is supposed to taste like!

On the plus side, the Chili Cook-off and charity auction raised over $5700 for LeRoy Butler's Foundation which funds breast cancer awareness and screenings, and I got a seat from the old City Stadium in Green Bay at the auction.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

8Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

The celery was your downfall. Yeech!

10:15 PM  
Blogger ablur said...

It's hard to know what the judges are looking for. Looks like you got private accolades.

You done good helping a good cause.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

No Tim, it wasn't the celery, it was definitely the peppers.

Ablur, I was happy that some of the folks I really like at our campground came looking for the recipe and leftovers.
And helping a good cause made it worthwhile

OMM, didn't need any ice cream. I've actually got a pretty decent case of acid reflux and it didn't bother me at all.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Sure, blame it on the women, I see how you are :-). But actually I don't even like Chili so I wouldn't have been any help. Although I have been to the Wisconsin Dells before.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Dionne said...

And the good news is it doesn't sound like you killed anyone :-)!!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

LMC, yes, not killing anyone was good news. I also found out later that 4 of the guys spent the night on the charity cruise complaining that I didn't win anything, so I'm pretty happy.

But, I won't quit blaming the women.

5:50 AM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I'm with you on this one CP.

But didn't you mean numb after the second spoonful?

9:57 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

CUG, it wasn't that hot, really. It had great flavor and the heat didn't start being really felt until later.

Ted, not sure how many I'd need. Since there are two bike clubs at one of the participating campgrounds, we'll probably be able to round up our own.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home