/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Saturday, July 15, 2006

If You Read Nothing Else Today

If you are like me and don't like doing much on Saturdays, and only plan on reading a few things, below is a link to something that HAS to be one of them.

It's a speech given by Marine Corps General Mike Lehnert, Commander Marine Corps Bases (West), given in San Diego recently. I won't copy the whole thing here, instead, go to American Thinker and read it; I will however copy my favorite paragraph from it:
Let me be clear. Pay day lenders are not providing our Marines with a service. they are parasites, bottom feeders and scumbags. One of them sent me a note recently telling me that he was a member of an honorable profession and that I should back off. He told me that a pay day lending institution had been found in the ruins of Pompey after Mount Vesuvius erupted. I responded to him that archeologists also found a whore house and that antiquity did not bequeath virtue. It is a shameful practice.

The rest of the speech covers everything from Stanford graduations, Iraq, Military and civilian relations in San Diego and California, and every bit of it makes sense.

(H/T TexasScribbler)

Technorati Tags:, , , ,

5Comments:

Blogger The GTLā„¢ said...

LOL!!!!!!!! SERVED!!!!

That's what they get when they challenge a military man whose sole purpose in life is to kill enemies and break things. If you're gonna do it, you'd best be right and if you're not, you'd best be prepared!

Loved the clipping, Sir... absolutely loved it.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Glad you enjoyed it. It's a wonderful speech, and the guy makes a lot of sense, and explains things in a way even the non-military folks should be able to understand.

12:40 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

Sadly, not enough people will read this.

I find it embarrassing that 1) Our elite schools produce so few officers. 2) Our Marine barracks are so antiquated.

As far as elites and the military go, I wonder if we really wouldn't be better off under what Robert Heinlein described in Starship Troopers (the book, not that splatter flick that stole its name) where you need to be a veteran to serve in the government. Won't happen but it would be a welcome change.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

Very good article. It made me think of how proud my father was to be part of the U.S military and of his men.

My son pulls that "if I'm old enough to carry a gun for my country, I should be old enough to have a beer" thing on me all the time.

Thanks CP.

8:15 AM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Great read, indeed.

Thanks, yo!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home