/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Big Surprise In Iraq

A HUGE surprise in Iraq today. Saddam Hussein was found guilty of crimes against humanity, and will be hanged.

Don't get me wrong, I think the verdict was correct, and would have been the same had he been tried in all but a handful of countries in the world. By his own admission he did most of the things he was accused of, he just thought they were good things, not crimes.

Probably the saddest thing about the trial is that Ramsey Clark, a former US Attorney General was defending Hussein. I wonder if there is a way to toss a treason charge at him here?

Now we'll get to watch the news spin the inevitable protests by Iraqis loyal to Hussein as another disaster in Iraq. The truth is, those protests are a victory in Iraq. Had Saddam still been running the country, and the trial been against a Shi'ite dissident you can bet that there wouldn't be any protests in the street.

Don't Go Into The Light has more on the trial, and a great list of links.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home