/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Mom Was Right, Again!

Remember back when you were a kid, and Mom would always tell you not to play in the rain or you'd catch your death of a cold?

Well, it seems maybe Mom was right. I'm not quite dead, but not exactly well, either. A little infection in the chest and throat, not quite able to breath right, and jumping between chills that make me want to cry, and hot flashes that would make menopausal women jealous. And a cough that feels like it's going to separate a few ribs.

But it was all worth it. You see, I spent Thursday, a miserable, cold, rainy day, in outside in a tent, drinking beer, and something called "apple pie", that you should NEVER EVER drink if you know what's good for you. We played some dice game that cost me 5 bucks, ate brats and burgers, and generally had a great time. Nothing better than hanging with my brother, cousin and a friend at a tailgate party.

Then, we went into Lambeau Field to watch the Packers beat the Viking's in one of the uglier games I've seen in a while. The fact it was 35 degrees, and rained from the time we got to the stadium until after the game is probably why I feel so lousy.

So, unless you are going to see what could be a legends last home game, take Mom's advice, and don't play in the rain. If you are going to play in the rain, evidently the alcohol in beer and other things won't kill the germs that get you sick, so don't try that remedy.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

3Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog regarding Favre...You have a nice little blog here. I really dug your gameday account of Thursday evening at Lambeau. You sound like a really passionate and knowledgeable fan.

Merry Christmas and hope you're feeling better soon!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

Sounds like fun, hope you are better soon!! Have a Merry Christmas!!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

TF, thanks for stopping by. It's funny how different things look at the game as opposed to on TV. It was a blast going, and I hope to hit a few more games next year.

LMC, slowly getting better. Most of the sick feeling is gone, now it's just worn out, and a sore throat, so I'll probably survive long enough to go back to work :)

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home