/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Thursday, January 25, 2007

THIS is an Issue?

"You've got to be shitting me" is a phrase I heard often as a youngster in the blue collar world. Normally it's used when someone would tell a tale (often over a brewed or aged beverage) that sounded a little too big to be true.

Today, when I read the Washington Post article "President's Sin of Omission?", the phrase was the first thing to come to mind.

It seems the left is upset the President said "I congratulate the Democrat majority", leaving off the "ic" in Democratic.

This is, to the left, a huge insult. Understand, that these are the same people who have mocked Bush for 7 years about his mangling of the English language. They've called it a "calculated insult", "demeaning", "nails on a chalk board". At the same time, they like to poke fun at his use of the language.

If that slip in the State of the Union is worth 590 words on page 1 of the politics section then the country is in much better shape that we all thought.

If the Daily Kos folks and Center for American Progress are going to spend this much energy on something this small, then we, as a country, must be in much better shape than their websites would have you believe. So maybe it's time to quit listening to them at all.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home