/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

North Korean Deal

So we've got another deal with North Korea to get them out of the nuclear club. Forgive me if I'm skeptical.

You see, we've heard this story before, in 1994 when the Clinton Administration (working unilaterally) convinced Kim Jong Il to dismantle his program in return for thousands of barrels of heavy fuel oil, tons of food, and the promise of less threatening reactors to provide electricity for his country.

As we all know, during the years the agreement was in place, Kim fed his army our food, fueled his army with our oil, and continued working on a nuclear program. All while millions of his citizens died, denied the aid we were sending.

So yes, I'm a skeptic about this round of talks and the agreement. It's a little more hopeful since China, South Korea, Russia and Japan are also involved, but at the same time, it's still Kim that we are talking about.

My guess is the four and a half years of stalling the talks have had more to do with building new, unknown facilities to carry on their work than it does any other reason. Forgive my cynicism, but but Kim inspires that in my.

Technorati Tags: , , Nuclear Weapons, Treaty, Six Party Talks

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home