/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Monday, March 26, 2007

Going Local (again)

We've got an election coming up here in Zion, Il in just a few weeks. In fact, if you are a Zion resident, and didn't know it, early voting opened up today and you can go to City Hall to vote if you think you may be out of town on April 17th. That's exactly how I plan to vote, since I'm nearly positive I'll be out of town that day.

The big race is of course, for Mayor, between Dave Ratliff and incumbent Lane Harrison. While Dave hasn't given a really good estimate of how he'll pay for the new programs he's proposing, at least he's willing to look at the City and see the problems. He's also been willing to answer questions when asked, the Mayor sends out flyers telling me how great everything is.

Mayor Harrison seems to live in a fantasy land where everything in Zion is wonderful. I'd suggest he go hang out near Salem Market for a few hours on a Friday or Saturday night, and see what's really going on in his town. Then, on a Friday night hang out near the high school, and find out what the kids are really doing. Maybe then he'd realize why Dave wants more cops out in the city.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home