/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Counting the Days

Counting the days, getting channel fever, those were normal things when I was a sailor. Suddenly, I'm doing it again. This time it's for something different. I got tickets this morning for Eric Clapton's 2010 Crossroads Guitar Festival. Glad I got online right away, they are sold out.
The proceeds help fund the Crossroads Centre, in Antigua, a rehab and education center Clapton's helped to found. Not only has he held the two previous festivals, but other concerts and auctions of his memorabilia to benefit their programs.

It's not until June 26th,(125 days) but I already can't wait. So, what does $121 bucks get you (after handling fees, taxes, etc.). How about a day with not just Clapton; who unlike The Who, still has it; but 30 of his closest friends. B.B. King, Albert Lee, Earl Klugh, Jeff Beck, Jimmie Vaughn, Robert Cray, and dozens more.

Robert Randolph, an awesome steel guitar player, is one of the players that I'm wanting to see badly. If you think the steel guitar is only for country music, check him out on the web, he can play any genre on it, and kick ass.

I'm also looking forward to Earl Klugh, who was one of the first "smooth jazz" players I listened to. A fellow sailor from years ago introduced me to both Klugh and George Benson's music and I realized that it's not just rock gods that can make a guitar sing.

Anyway, I'm stoked. Now I probably need to hit the gym so I can push the punks out of my way when I try and get front & center for the show.

Labels: , ,


2Comments:

Blogger Marathon Pundit said...

Hmmm....not a bad size arena for such talent.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

It's pretty much the perfect size. They did the first one as a 2 day festival in 2004 at the Cotton Bowl and decided that was too big for the crowd to see and enjoy the performers.

It is quite the lineup, and considering the tickets were 1/3 the price of Clapton & Winwood at the United Center, well worth it.

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home