/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Sunday, March 14, 2010

What I Love About Baseball

Football is my favorite sport, but baseball holds some allure for me also. Today driving back from the store I was reminded of on of the things I love about the game' Bob Uecker.

I have been trying for most of the evening to figure out another guy in the game who could get Bob Costas into the booth to help call a spring training game. Uecker had him in for at least 3 innings today.

If you ever wondered, Costas has a great sense of humor, and can be good as the lead or the straight man.

Uecker, even in his 70's is still quick as ever with the jokes, and as sharp with the game.

If you get to the Milwaukee area and the Brewers are playing tune into 620 am and give Uke a listen, you never know what you'll hear, but it's sure to be good.

2Comments:

Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Mr. Baseball. Funniest man in the sport.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

The great thing is he's not just funny, but understands the game and can get it across to just about anyone.

A few years ago I almost went off the road when he was talking about a "furry convention" at his hotel.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home