/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

French War on Terror Update

The French have started to enforce a curfew and called in 1,500 reserve police officers to try and quell the nightly riots that started 12 days ago. Even while the Prime Minister was on TV speaking the rioters were torching more cars, and another man died from injuries sustained during the disturbances.

This is starting to draw comparisons to the US urban riots of the 1960's, which is probably a good way to look at it. The same ecomonic and equal rights issues are evident in the rioting.

It will be interesting to see what kind of changes this brings in the long run to France. I wonder if the lack of jobs will cause the government there to start loosening up a little bit on business and taxes to try and create jobs?

1Comments:

Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I can't see the french leadership taking the tough stand on the social programs that would be needed to reduce tax rates. They could reduce some of their crazy business regulations, it might help a little bit.

As for equality, I didn't see it when I visited there in 1984, there were "The French" and then the other folks who lived in France, and happened to be citizens.

Of course in a few years it won't matter, "the French" will be outnumbered by the other folks.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home