/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Monday, November 14, 2005

In God We Trust

Mike Newdow is at it again. California, and now America's favorite atheist now wants to sue to have "In God We Trust" removed from currency.
He might not be heartened by today's decision by the Supreme Court not to step into a case the 4th Circuit decided, in which they said it's the national motto, and a historical, not religious reference.

Here's my suggestion for Mike, move to France. They are completely religiously intolerant, and as we've seen, it's working quite well for them.
You can also get some perspective from the guys over at Nose On Your Face.

4Comments:

Blogger Don said...

That 4th Circuit decision is a laugh. An "historical" reference? Sure, only because it's been on our money since 1864. That's a long time ago so I guess it should be enshrined in the marble halls of being historical. But we all know it was allowed despite Lincoln's strong objections, in a time of rising religious devotion in the face of an increasingly desperate and unpopular war. I'd say taking it off would be more historical, and more Constitutional besides. That's my kind of conservatism. (reference)

I don't care about Newdow, though. He's a putz.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

I disagree, because throughout our history, we've referred to ourselves as one nation, under god, or used words to that effect.

The Federalist and Anti-Federalists both refer to God and the country.

The Constitution was signed "Done in convention by the unanimous consent of the states present the seventeenth day of September in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty seven and of the independence of the United States of America the twelfth."

We also acknowledged God's law in our Declaration of Indpendence, along with acknowledging our creator.

The fact that congress waited 65 or so years after the ratification
to make it the motto makes it no less historical.

Newdow is a putz!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

I'm an atheist and I think Newdow's a putz, too. He can give me all his freaking money if it bothers him so much.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Nope, I'm first in line, had to put up with his crap in San Diego for years.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home