/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Sunday, November 27, 2005

More Funny Stuff for Today

Over on the sidebar is a link to "Blog of Satu" the blog run by a 30 something mother, waitress, college student. She's got a great rant about one of her customers from Friday night.

Here's what funny, on her blog I learned of a new website (not new, but new to me), it's called "Bitter Waitress". On that site they have the "STD", not sexually transmitted diseases, but the "Shitty Tipper Database". Stiff the waitstaff, and find out just how quickly your name can get into the database. Luckily I'm not in that database (already checked). I should be in the "great tipper" one, but I didn't see it on the site.

So, next time you think a penny is a funny tip, keep in mind your next waiter/ress may know about you, and fix you a "special meal".

5Comments:

Blogger shoprat said...

My last management job was being a Burger King manager, and I left that job believing CUSTOMER to be a 4-letter word. There was another blog, somewhere yesterday, I wish I could remember where it was (and you can't bookmark everything), anyway, there was a story of a Rabbi telling his young students to take the person they planned to marry to a restaurant and see how they treat the wait person as a clue of the kind of husband/wife they be, and this included a link to place called "the Bitter Waitress"
http://www.bitterwaitress.com/
It includes stories of waitresses dealing with some of our "favorite" people, such as Michael Moore.

4:31 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

oops make that "husband/wife they WOULD be."

4:32 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Her post led me to the bitter waitress also, and that database (that luckily I'm not in).

I can see the Rabbi's wisdom. It's amazing how some folks will treat the waitstaff.

Last night for instance, while wandering DC, my wife and I walked past a nice (5 star) restaurant.

A group of older folks were banging on the door at 5pm, when someone opened it, they demanded to be let in for their 5:30 reservation. When the young lady said they didn't open until 5:30, but would let them in at 5:15, after the staff meeting, they cancelled their reservation and left. What jackasses.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, yes, I've heard that one before: see how kindly your prospective partner treats the server...
I've been treated like a peon, completely ignored when trying to take an order, and spoken to as if I were an idiot.
Far from it...

Here's one of the best from bitterwaitress.com:
Where it happened: Boston

Total bill / Tip amount / Percentage: $80.85 / $4.00 / 4%

What happened:
Yuppie bride and her friends came in for Saturday brunch. I refilled their bread and water three times, asked them more than once how everything was--oh, fine, thank you. In no way did I f*ck up anything; at no point did any of them seem even vaguely dissatified, eating their eggs benedict and chatting about the decor scheme at the upcoming wedding. This serpent in pearls and a sweater set simply *insisted* on treating her friends. "Oh, you shouldn't , Ashley," they squealed. No, Ashley, you really shouldn't. $4 on $80. F*cking $4 on 80. This girl was American, loaded, and in no way visibly unhappy about her dining experience. Ashley F. Sullivan of Cambridge, Massachusetts, I curse you. May you die fat, poor,and so alone that your rotting corpse is not discovered until your cats have been gnawing at it for weeks.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Wow, that last line is just plain mean!

I really hope you start blogging more of the work experiences, they are funny. (From a distance)

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home