/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Too Much Time on My Hands

I couldn't wait for Santa, and I ended up waking at 4:30 this morning. So I decided I would, once and for all, get a dual sidebar template to work. This has been tested in IE6, Firefox 1.07 (Win), Konqueror (Debian Linux, KDE 3.4.2) and Firefox 1.07 (Linux).

The site W3 Schools was very helpful in getting the alignment to work in both 800x600 and 1024x768. It's a great reference site for HTML, CSS, and XML code. If you notice any bugs please leave a comment.

The page should auto-size for your screen resolution and maintain the formatting (try it by resizing the window you are using).

Recent posts are now on the top of the left sidebar, if you see a title that doesn't look familiar, check it out. With the added space I plan on adding a few more tweaks to the right sidebar, and leaving just the blogrolls and search window on the left.

Merry Christmas all. Time to get my son ready, he's heading to the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field for the Packers Bears game in an hour or so. GO PACKERS!

8Comments:

Blogger Lone Pony said...

I like it Bob. This is what I've wanted too.

3:54 PM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Looks great!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Hope this finds you well and in good spirits! :)

7:46 PM  
Blogger Lone Pony said...

I do see one thing...the stuff right under the title in the header is off center. It floats to the left.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

12 25 05

Hey CP: I hope you are having an enjoyable Christmas:) The new look is cool! I like the layout and will check the references cuz my sidebar looks perfect when viewed in Firefox, but in IE it sucks!!! OK Happy New Year:)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Pony, the Marquee tag causes problems with Safari (H/T to Maricopa Mark), so I have the marquee just sliding to the left side and stopping. Folks viewing it in Firefox see a scrolling Marquee, because that browser doesn't understand the "behavior=slide" tag.

Mahndisa, try this in the #header section change the width from a number to 97%; that will make the header 97% of whatever resolution is looking at the screen.

Under #content use width:97%; also, under #main width:75%; and #sidebar width:20%; #footer width:97%;

That "should" make it so your sidebar is right under all of them.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

CUG, definitely well and in good spirits.

After paying for my trip, my daughter's fiancee's trip, and Christmas gifts I'm broke, but in good spirits :) Since money has never done anything but cause me problems, not having any should mean no problems :)

5:53 AM  
Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

12 26 05

Hey CP: Thx VERRRRY much for the advice on the blog. I will apply in when I return from my trip later this week! And about paying for your daughter's fiancee's trip; you are awfully generous! I wish my parents would've helped out my man when we were engaged! ha ha ha and about being broke...well, you know the house is a money sink right;) Well the husband and I just purchased the home in Jan 2005 so we were brooooooke! So with what little money we did have, we told our relatives and buddies that we would give that tiny morsel to charity and surprisingly they all thought it was cool and that took off pressure from us having to buy everyone something. We have never done that before, but I think it is worthwhile. OK I am rambling now...Have a good day travelling:)

7:22 AM  
Blogger Dionne said...

I like the new look. I hope to figure out how to do this sometime in the future.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home