/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Monday, January 30, 2006

Humor or News? That Is The Question!

I had a great idea for a humorous post tonight, and at the same time there is a bunch of stuff in the news that should be blogged. Then, strolling through the blog roll I decided I'll give you a link for news, and a few laughs (I hope) instead.

Alito's cloture vote wasn't close, 72-25, and the Kos folks are Pissed Off! Go over to Ann Althouse and check out some of the comments from Daily Kos about the vote. Once again the "kinder, gentler party" shows its true colors.

If you want to go to Kos, the article is here, you are stronger than me if you go. The Kos link can be considered news or humor, depending on your perspective.


NOW FOR SOME REAL HUMOR
As most folks know, I work for a "Ginormous Mega-Corp" in the vast military industrial complex, as such we are required every year to do some corporate compliance training to show Uncle Sam that we employees are indoctrinated properly to doing government business.
So I was doing the "Harassment in the Workplace" training (on the net) today, and had to answer questions on whether certain things were "quid pro quo" harassment (this for that), or "hostile workplace" harassment. That's when I came across the following, and started to laugh.
(Names changed, to protect the company from my sense of humor)

James has worked in his department for over six months and enjoys his job. A position has recently become available that would be a promotion for him. During a meeting with his manager, Jill, he expressed his interest in applying for the position. Jill told James that she would consider his request if he accompanied her on a romantic ski weekend.
This is an example of:

Hostile Work Environment

Quid Pro Quo
There should be a third choice for this question.
"It Depends on What Jill Looks Like", because while "Quid Pro Quo" is probably the correct answer, but if Jill is a very large, unattractive woman, the guys at work would turn it into a "Hostile Work Environment" in a heart beat if James got caught taking her up on the offer.*
*(the author wants you to know, this is called satire, it's meant to be bitingly funny, if you don't get it, or have a problem with me making sexual harassment into the butt of a joke, GET OVER IT!)

7Comments:

Blogger Peakah said...

That cracks me up... I was the jerk during all those 'presentations' that made it a living hell for the presenter.

My favorite discussions were the 'DIVERSITY' training... or the brainwashing that the color of someone's skin determines preconceived notions (ironically which is the defination of racism).

I remember when a suit from the corporate hq would come down and look us all over and then recommend to my supervisor that we had to hire a black a woman and an hispanic in order to maintain Diversity... *LMAO*

So when I'd ask them to define racism and showed them that this goal of diversity is in itself, racist, they would usually be pretty frustrated with me and then find something to write me up on... an easy task. *grin*

I love those mandatory discussions...

7:26 PM  
Blogger shoprat said...

I sometimes go to KOS but there are so many comments, and just so much garbage that it seems like a waste of time. I think it is just a venting room for the Bush Derangement Syndrome crowd.

9:22 PM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

KOS and DU are neverending sources of twisted entertainment...

9:55 PM  
Blogger LargeBill said...

Enquiring minds want to know what Jill looks like. We want pictures. :-)

9:59 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Yeah Bob....I'm with Bill. Send us pictures then we can give an honest comment. :-D

10:45 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Peakah - "Rants of a College Kid" in the sidebar has a post on on that basic topic.

Mike & Bill- They didn't give a picture of "Jill" with the question. I know that with my luck if that offer was ever made, Jill would look like Roseanne Barr.

CUG & Shoprat- I agree on the entertainment value. And it is too hard to get through so many comments.

I've thought about setting up a diary page on there just to see how long it would take them to boot me :)

4:03 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Another good question is..."who's paying for this romantic weekend"?

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home