/b

Twitter Updates

What People Say:
"I never thought I'd read the phrase Crazy Politico's Rantings in the NYT. I'll bet they never thought they'd print anything like that phrase either." TLB

Blogroll Me!

My Blog Rolls

American Flag Bloggers

American Flags

Monday, January 09, 2006

Polimoronic

Below is an e-mail I got last night, I guess I riled someone up with my posting about Alito. It seems that making up words is what the English Department at small community colleges do (that's where the writer works).

Even though he works at an institution of higher learning, where they normally teach students to do research, he's done none. Based on one or two writings on the front page of my blog, he's made some pretty rash generalizations. (Actually, since it's a community college, it's probably an institution of medium learning.)

If he'd have done some research he'd know that only in 1 of 3 cases (spousal notification) has Alito voted "against" Roe. That's right, Sam Alito voted to uphold abortion rights twice.

If he'd have read this post or this one, and the comments, he'd know my stand on abortion, which he gets wrong.

"Polimoronic." That's the single most appropriate term that can be applied to your views about Alito. Actually, I obviously just invented it for you. It's a cross between polysemous and politically\developmentally disabled. Feel flattered?

I'm flattered that you've taken the time to write me, even though you haven't gotten your basic facts right about me.

If anyone needs a reason why Alito's nomination should be rejected (and shoved straight up GWB's ass, actually), his views on abortion are sufficient; his opinions on the "left's pet projects," as you call them, are just more kerosene to pour on the fire. I myself could really care less about anything he thinks outside of the one key issue on which he obviously has experienced a failure of moral reasoning. Do you think the right would tolerate a judge like Alito--that they would see him as tolerable--if he, say, believed in gun control, and that the Second Amendment did not extend the right to bear arms to individuals? Certain civil rights issues are just too important.

Actually, the "right" supported Ginsburg in her Senate vote, and she does hold those views on gun control.

Personally, I look over a whole record, not just single issues when making decisions about people I'll support for office, or appointed positions. Single issue voters and interests have pretty well turned our political system into the cesspool that it is today.

The next time you think the forces mustering against Alito's nominations are just a bunch of lefty East Coast liberals (and what your type used to call "liberal pinkos"), remember me--a Western Second Amendment liberal Demoncrat with individualistic political leanings. (For example, I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon.) And think about what it would be like if, say, your daughter was impregnated by rape. (Or even your wife.) Would you want her forced by law to carry that child to term? To give birth to a scumbag rapist's baby, and then be forced to decide to either give it up for adoption, or rear it as her own? Because of that "interpretation" of the law & a slimeball rapist, you'd even get to add to that credit card debt of yours, which you so bravely tout as a symbol of making you an "ordinary guy"...

Maybe if you'd done some research, you'd know that I believe abortion should be legal in cases of rape, incest, and when the mothers life is at stake. You'd also know that Alito voted on 2 occasions in favor of laws that uphold Roe, only once, on the spousal notification issue, did he vote against it while on the Federal bench.

As far as the credit card debt, it's a joke, read the whole profile in context.

Maybe then Alito's belief that abortion is not a constitutional right would not seem so right-minded. And, besides--when did you start to believe that the Government has the right to seize people's bodies and tell them what to do with those bodies--and prevent them from receiving medical care?

I don't believe the government has the right to seize your body, or anyone elses. I believe you and I should be responsible for ourselves, and make decent decisions. Abortion on demand isn't medical care though, it's birth control for those to lazy to buy condoms. There are certain cases I believe the proceedure is warranted (see above), but not on demand.

For the record, I'm against government run medical care for exactly the reason you wrote.

Robosquirrel at PCIF has an article up that is dead on with my feelings on the topic of abortion.

Technorati Tags: ,,


10Comments:

Blogger Dionne said...

I will say it again. I love how you smoke liberals. You blow them right out of the water!!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Jeff H said...

Could you address the moronic college person on one of my pet peeves? People who use the phrase "could care less", when from the context of their statements it's clear they mean "could NOT care less"?

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug and thanks for your kind words on Haloscan, Gayle.

Great minds must think alike, eh Crazy P? Did you actually send your response back to this person? I'd expect you did.

Well, back to work!

11:41 AM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Did you all know that Jeff has been getting into shape? He looks great. Go check it out here.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

BWH, you and jeff are killing me with the pictures :)

Robo - I sent him a rather terse "you obviously didn't do much research", then after I finished the post I sent him the link, and reminded him he can comment with Haloscan on it.

CHIRP CHIRP, the crickets are chriping awaiting his reply.

Jeff - This guy is better than "Moronic College Person" he's "Moronic College Faculty".

Thanks Chatterbox, but if they wouldn't make it so easy...

12:58 PM  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

do not feel bad, a bunch of people do not make it past my first paragraph before a gasket blows.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Great rant, there! You could've just send him your reply in 2 words:
Truth hurts.

Hehehe.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

01 09 06

Golly: Good responses. I think I am going to place you under the NEWS and LIBERTY BLOGS section of my sidebar. You r analysis is excellent here. Why are some of these leftists so hateful. One reason Alito appeals to me is a reason this lefty doesn't like: he is pro life, just like me. He is also pretty constructionist in how he reads the constitution. What is wrong with that? Geesh these people kill me sometimes. BTW CONGRATS on being placed on the radio show host's blog:)

4:49 PM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Isn't it funny how the left wing lunatics always throw violent images in their hate-filled diatribes?

No Blood For Oil (but it's okay if we shove things into GWB's corn chute.)

10:45 PM  
Blogger Crazy Politico said...

The responses from them always crack me up because the left tries to play themselves as the "kinder, gentler" end of the political spectrum.

Then they open their mouths.

For years guys like this screamed about the rights hatred of Bill Clinton (rightfully so), but have taken it to a new level.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home